Well, its around 11pm and I need to go to sleep soon. Today, I spent most of the day working with Analysis Services (AS) and Office Web Components fixing issues and catching up on a Business Intelligence project. This project had slowed down because I was stuck with a one-to-many relationship issue, which AS doesn’t deal very well with. Finally, my supervisor helped me solve this issue by deciding to change the requirements on the available dimensions. I will try to post an article about this because after looking the newsgroups it looks like this is a common problem.

After that I faced another problem where I had to get the count of rows in the fact table depending on the time that the user selected. I still haven’t been able to figure out a solution because all dimension need to be tied to a column in the fact table. Lets see how that goes.

At home I spent some time playing around with Drupal. I installed a few new modules including the Image module which lets you create image galleries. Other than that I still need to fix the smileys module :(. Starting tomorrow I will be starting hardcore Perl programming and I can’t wait! 🙂

Back to blog...