In case if you haven’t seen it yet, Palm released the webOS 1.2 earlier today. For a complete list of changes checkout the official Palm blog post or the PreCentral post (official list of changes from the support site). Here are a few things that I am looking forward to (as I wait for Pre to upgrade) 🙂
- The browser now supports downloading files from a web page. To download a file, tap the file name.
- The browser now supports paragraph selection, cut, copy, and paste on web page text. A yellow highlight appears to indicate paragraph selection.
- Contact entries in the call log now show both the phone number and type.
- You can now tap a phone number in a calendar note to dial it.
- You can press and hold the orange key/Option and tap a link or image. Options displayed include opening the item in a new card, sharing the link or image via email, or copying the URL. For images in JPG, BMP, or PNG format, an additional option to copy the image to the Photo app is displayed.
- If you tap on a text field, the page zooms to a level at which it is easy to read the text being entered.
- Notification sounds play softly when you are on a call, regardless of the system sounds setting.
Below is one that I am not so sure about.
- When you press and hold the orange key/Option and drag onscreen, the cursor now moves one word at a time instead of one character at time in Email, Memos, and other apps. The cursor still moves one character at a time in the Web address bar and Messaging body text entry field.
Let’s see how it turns out 🙂